To prevent or minimize any possible environmental impact as a result of its operations, Melbana Energy Limited and its subsidiary companies commits, and will encourage its employees and those companies providing services to Melbana Energy Limited or its subsidiaries, to:
- comply, at a minimum, with applicable laws, regulations, standards and guidelines for the protection of the environment and in their absence adopt the best practicable means to prevent or minimise adverse environmental impacts;
- work and consult with appropriate government agencies drafting policies laws, regulations or procedures to protect the environment;
- ensure that adequate waste management practises are carried out based on the prevention, minimisation, recycling, treatment and disposal of wastes;
- provide adequate training to enable employees to adopt environmentally responsible work practices and to be aware of their environmental responsibilities;
- develop emergency plans and procedures so that incidents can be responded to in a timely and effective manner;
- develop and maintain management systems to identify, control and monitor risks and compliance with government regulations and industry guidelines;
- monitor environmental effects and assess environmental performance at all stages of exploration, development, production and rehabilitation; and communicate openly with government, non-government bodies and the public in a timely manner on environmental issues which relate to Melbana Energy Limited operations.